Monday, March 29, 2010

Two Years Later, and Still Plugging Away

Next month, it'll be two years since I've posted the first installment of this blog. I was surprised to get two comments on it. I guess because this blog is so personal and really doesn't have anything socially relevant to say.

I'm still living in the same place, in a little house with my friend Putley. It's still better than marriage. We never argue or disagree on anything. We do stuff together from time to time, and live a very quiet, drama free life. Just the way I like it.

My chihuahua pack has grown to a grand total of five. I now have Jaws, Happy, Daisy, Cooper and BD. Jaws, Happy and BD have become my best friends in the entire world. I tell them that every day. I like animals better than people, because they don't lie, cheat, steal or betray you like some humans will.

Like most of the nation, I'm out of work. This last one is my own fault. I didn't get a long with a young girl (to me anyway, she's 20) who is sleeping with the boss. So guess who got let go when the first round of lay-offs came down? Yup, yours truly.

There isn't some bad without some good in it. At least I was able to get my friend an excellent job there before I was layed-off. He's doing great. He likes people better than I do.

Recently my body gave me a wake-up call. Not only do I have a bad time with Bi-Polar Disorder, I've just been diagnosed with Fatty Liver. Fatty Liver is when the fat cells blend in to the healthy liver cells. It leads to liver fibrisis, then to cirrohsis, then finally to liver cancer and death without a liver transplant.

According to my doctor, fatty liver doesn't usually cause pain, and most overweight people have it without even knowing it. Of course, not in my case. My liver is so swollen that it hurts most of the time, because it is pressing on the surrounding organs and the membrane that encases it.

Accordingly, I've vastly improved my diet, and am exercising as much as I am able. I do feel better, but the bad news is that I can't lose weight. Apparently the liver needs to eliminate the fat cells within itself before it can metabolize and dispose of the fat in the rest of my body. This may take a year or two, or it may never happen. We just have to see.

You know, I just had a thought. Health experts always warn the overweight people about high blood pressure, heart attacks, diabetes and other health problems. I've never heard them say one word about Fatty Liver. Hmmm...

Well, that's about it. Good luck and much love to those who happen across this little article.

No comments: